Print

Czaplinek [t͡ʂaˈplʲinɛk] (German): Tempelburg) is a town in Drawsko County, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland, with 6,879 inhabitants (2007).

Until 1668, the town was part of Poland. It was part of Brandenburg, then Germany, until the end of World War II. For the post-war history of the region, see History of Pomerania.

Gmina Czaplinek is an urban-rural gmina (administrative district) in Drawsko County, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-western Poland. Its seat is the town of Czaplinek, which lies approximately 29 kilometres (18 mi) east of Drawsko Pomorskie and 111 km (69 mi) east of the regional capital Szczecin.

The gmina covers an area of 364.72 square kilometres (140.8 sq mi), and as of 2006 its total population is 11,795 (out of which the population of Czaplinek amounts to 6,933, and the population of the rural part of the gmina is 4,862).

The gmina contains part of the protected area called Drawsko Landscape Park.

Czaplink - church

While in Czaplinek everyone should visit the parish church "Holy Trinity". It is located at Moniuszko Street. Residents commonly refer to him as a small church. It is believed that the building was built in the fourteenth century. It stands on a hill Casimir, in a place where there was a castle of the Knights Templar and Knights Hospitaller. Around the church there is a high stone wall. Near the venerable trees grow. While the church was built they used elements of both Romanesque and Gothic. An example of the former may be typical, heavy stone construction. The present appearance of the church does not fully reflect its original form. The building was rebuilt several times due to fires. In Czaplinek there is also the church "Holy Cross", which is referred by locals as a large church. The building contains elements of classical style and neoromanian. It comes from the XIX century it is worth to pay special attention to the historical authorities and interesting mosaics on the walls.

Church of the Holy Cross

Church of the Holy Cross in Czaplinek - Roman Catholic auxiliary belonging to a deanery Barwice and the parish of the Holy Trinity in Czaplinek.
History

It is a building with neoclassical elements built between 1829-1830 and designed by German architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel on a Greek cross. The temple was consecrated on 24 October 1999 by Bishop Marian Gołębiewski.

Equipment
The walls inside are decorated with modern polychrome, done in 1954 by Wladyslaw Drapiewski in the chancel is a ceramic mosaic, created in the 80s of the last century, while in the side altars there are placed wooden sculptures made by the artist from Czaplinek Edward Szatkowski. On one of the tribunes there is neo-Gothic organ, built by the Szczecin company Barnim Grüneberg.

 

Czaplinek - Museum Chamber

In 1997 the Museum Chamber in Czaplinek was opened. This is the place of the Czaplilnek earth's history. It deals with the popularization of cultural heritage and its study. The collection includes memorabilia from Pope John Paul II. In 2004 the Holy Father as a gift to the community Czaplinek handed an image. In the House, the Museum also includes skiing, where he learned to ride Karol Wojtyla. Collections include memorabilia relating directly to the history of the city. First of all, these are postcards, maps, old newspapers Tempelburger issue Stadt - und Landbote "and even a bottle, from the prewar breweries. In the House, the Museum can see the permanent exhibition "Straight from the attic." Among the memorabilia are there everyday objects, from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. With it, you can imagine what it was like the life in the town. Instruments for making dough, scales, sling the water or bread slicers are just some of the exhibits, gathered in the collections of the Museum Board.

Sławogród

An unusual tourist attraction, located in Lakeland Drawsko is Sławogród. The property is located in the village near Czaplinek and the Lake Drawsko. Sławogród is a reconstruction of the fortress, derived from the early Middle Ages. Visiting this place, it seems that we are moving in time. A great reconstruction of the building and fortification strongly influance the imagination. In  Poland it iss hard to find a more unique place. Sławogród is decorated in such a way that reflects the nature of the Middle Ages. There is a farm with live animals, which will surely be a great attraction for children. Next to the hut grow herbs that are used by the landlady for cooking broths and preparation of drugs. Women engaged in weaving. In the smithy you can see how  blacksmith works. Any visitor can also go to the oldest inhabitant of the castle, which tells the amazing story. Visit in Sławogrodzie leaves a lot of memories for long timy.

Copyright 2012. Free joomla templates |